We are an independent, non-denominational church and are physically located in North Central Austin.
In June, 2002 we began under a new senior pastor and a new direction of ministry. We think and serve more as an inner city church-community center than a traditional church. Our heart and call from the Lord is to serve all who would come seeking help. We work to fulfill this call through various ministries which you can read about under the "ministry" tab in the link bar.
- We teach the Bible as the inspired, inerrant word of God. It is living and powerful, able to correct, teach and instruct us on how to know and serve God. (2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20,21)
- We follow the Biblical teaching of one God revealed as the Triune; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- We look only to Jesus Christ, the resurrected Son of God, for our salvation, through His atoning payment for our sins on the cross. This justification is received freely (by Christ's grace) for all whom will commit to Him as Lord and Savior. (Hebrews 1:3; 12:2; 3:1; 7:23-25; 9:24; 1 John 2:1,2)
- We seek the fulfilling work of the Holy Spirit in us, as Jesus taught in John chapters; 14, 15, and 16. (Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
- We teach that man was created in the image of God; he sinned, and consequently experienced not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God. He may receive salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, as a gift of God's grace and not the result of any human effort or merit. (Genesis 1:26; 3:1-24; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:8; John 1:12)
- We teach that every believer in Christ should be committed to the Lordship of Christ and growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ. (Romans 12:1,2; Galatians 5:15,25; 2 Corinthians 3:18)
- We believe the elect saints; the church of God, are the bride of Christ and are His plan to reveal Himself and His salvation to a dying world. (Ephesians 1:22,23; 1 Corinthians 12:12,13)
- We teach that the two ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism should be administered by immersion to believers upon confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The ordinance of the Lord's Supper should be observed regularly in remembrance of Christ's death and in anticipation of His return. (Matthew 28:19,20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We teach that both believers and unbelievers will be bodily raised. All men will be judged at the throne of Christ. (Philippians 1:23, II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15)
1 Corinthians 8:6 summarizes our approach to life: "For us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."
Senior Pastor: Rick Banda
Rick Banda has been the senior pastor of NACC since June, 2002. He is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University (1978) in biblical studies. Born in Brownwood, Texas, he was raised primarily in Amarillo, Texas. Rick married Susan Banda in 1978 and they have four adult children.
Rick has served as a senior pastor, associate pastor and pastor of many ministries within churches. He and Susan have taken children and adults into their home to raise and/or disciple them since 1998 and continue with this ministry. He has worked in street ministries from Austin 6th Street and in other para-church ministries. Rick continues to serve in ministries in Mexico and Belize. His heart is into discipling, disciplers.
Rick is committed to an inner-city ministry focus at NACC; with food, clothing and a live-in discipleship program at NACC.
Contact Rick at email@example.com or (512) 914-2800 (cell) or (512) 836-3282 (church office)
Associate Pastor: Francisco Peralta
Francisco Peralta came to NACC to serve as associate pastor at the end of 2017. He is retired from a career as a licensed counselor serving as a Federal Probation Officer. He also came to us from pastoral duties with The Quarries Church of Hyde Park.
Francisco is a gifted teacher and serves as a preaching pastor. He is also the Director of our men’s home ministry and our Sparrow House women’s ministry. He brings many years of experience working with those struggling with addiction, homelessness and legal troubled past.
Francisco is married to Denise. Denise brings many gifts in women’s ministries. They both enjoy their children and grandchildren.
1734 Rutland Drive . Austin, Texas . Phone (512) 836-3282
Para información en español, por favor llame a 512-836-5819